The Lindamood-Bell Academy is a
for all students, including those who thrive in non-traditional teaching environments.
We offer flexibility in scheduling and course offerings.
Call us now, we will design a program just for you!
Many years ago, as we were developing Lindamood-Bell, we talked about creating a Lindamood-Bell School. Year after year, we explored the option, but year after year we were unable to make that dream come true.
Now on our 30th Anniversary, I’m very excited to tell you that we have created the Lindamood-Bell Academy where we develop the imagery-language foundation for success in language processing and all curriculum.
Our dream has come true. Please call us for information so we can make your dreams come true too.
Our instruction is based on
an individual’s learning needs.
We work with thousands of individuals.
Sitting with a child or an adult who struggles to read a word or comprehend a paragraph provides unique insight into the learning process.
We develop the skills that underlie reading & comprehension.
Lindamood-Bell® programs are unique.
Traditional reading and tutoring programs focus on content instruction.
Lindamood-Bell programs focus on the processing necessary for reading and comprehension.
- Seeing Stars®: Symbol Imagery for Phonological and Orthographic Processing in Reading and Spelling (SI)
- Visualizing and Verbalizing for Language Comprehension and Thinking® (V/V®)
- Talkies®: Visualizing and Verbalizing for Oral Language Comprehension and Expression (Talkies®)
- Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing® Program for Reading, Spelling, and Speech (LiPS®)
- On Cloud Nine® Math (OCN™)
Imagery and the Language Processing Spectrum
Symptoms of symbol imagery weakness
- Weak word attack skills
- Weak word recognition skills
- Difficulty learning and retaining sight words
- Weak phonological spelling skills
( optnrty for opportunity )
- Weak orthographic spelling skills ( opertunity for opportunity )
- Difficulty reading fluently in context
- Difficulty monitoring, self-correcting reading & spelling errors
- Slow and laborious decoding skills
- May be labeled dyslexic
Symptoms of concept imagery weakness
- Weak reading comprehension
- Weak listening comprehension
- Difficulty with critical thinking and problem solving
- Difficulty following directions
- Difficulty expressing language orally
- Weak written expression
- Difficulty grasping humor
- Difficulty interpreting social situations
- Difficulty with cause and effect
- Weak attention and focus
- Difficulty with mental mapping
- Difficulty responding to a communicating world
Instructional language to bring a
sensory-cognitive function to consciousness and apply that to curriculum.